Navigation and Weather Routing software

AppStore PlayStore

Contact us for support or information: contact@meltemus.com

NEMA Source for DPH Displayed.

More
3 years 9 months ago #357 by TonyM
NEMA Source for DPH Displayed. was created by TonyM
Hi all, could you advise which NEMA string is used for the display of the DPH value on the Instruments within qtVlm please?

At the moment, I am receiving both DBT & DPT via my NEMA bridge:

$SDDBT,6.14,f,1.87,M,1.02,F*38
$SDDPT,1.85,-1.7,*6C

If using the DPT string only, is it possible to enable the Instrument to display the corrected depth - to give either depth of water or depth below keel as appropriate?

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #358 by maitai
Replied by maitai on topic NEMA Source for DPH Displayed.
Hi,
Both messages are understood by qtVlm. If your system somehow sends both I would recommend to filter one out, otherwise if the values are not the same you may have a mess of values in the instrument.
Regards,
Philippe

More
3 years 9 months ago #359 by TonyM
Replied by TonyM on topic NEMA Source for DPH Displayed.
Thanks for the rapid response. So I have ammended my NEMA bridge, such that it only now outputs the DPT depth string.

Reviewing the DPH instrument displayed, it is still only showing the base value, rather than the corrected value taking account of the offset applied to reflect the mounting depth of the sensor.

$SDDPT,1.85,-1.7,*6C

Taking the example I posted previously, the depth reported by the transducer is 1.85m (and that value is shown as the DPH value on the instrument display), however the second value is the calibration which should be applied to give depth value from the transducer, to give either depth below keel/depth of water (depending on whether the offset is positive/negative).

So to compare with my other instruments - I am displaying a depth of 0.15m below the keel (1.85 - 1.7m).

Is this something that could be ammended/corrected in a future release?

Best Regards

Tony.

More
3 years 9 months ago #360 by maitai
Replied by maitai on topic NEMA Source for DPH Displayed.
Sure, I took a note to add this.
Thanks for reporting
Philippe.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds