Navigation and Weather Routing software

AppStore PlayStore
Contact us for support or information: contact@meltemus.com

is it possible to remember email address when setting anchor alarm?

  • mokosh
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 day 16 hours ago #4186 by mokosh
Hello everyone,

I wonder if somebody could guide me. I like the email feature when setting anchor alarm / watch in qtVlm. I have it going to a Pushover system that sends me alerts on my phone when I am away from the boat.

I have noticed that if I remove the anchor watch, then the email address is forgotten, and I must re-enter it next time I drop anchor.

Is it possible to have this email address remembered between uses of the anchor watch feature?

Many thanks,

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 hours 48 minutes ago - 23 hours 46 minutes ago #4187 by ozolli
It's remembered between uses here.

In my qtVlm.ini file :
Code:
[Boat_real] anchorEmail=xxxxxxxx@pm.me

Make sure your email is in your qtVlm.ini and that qtVlm is closed when you edit this file.
Last edit: 23 hours 46 minutes ago by ozolli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • mokosh
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
19 hours 56 minutes ago #4188 by mokosh
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. I can see how it works now,

Is there a gui option to configure that, or must I edit the ini file by hand?

If I edit by hand, I see two Boat_Real sections, which one do I put the config, or do I make a new one (to make three sections)? ini file is attached.

Thank you.
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • mokosh
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
19 hours 38 minutes ago #4189 by mokosh
Hi,
I attempted to edit the qtvlm.ini file after closing qtvlm on my linux computer, but on next start it complained about the qtvlmsettings version was wrong and made a new configuration.

I had to restore from a backup.

I would be grateful for procedure to edit that file properly.

THank you.

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 hours 9 minutes ago #4193 by ozolli
There is one Boat_Real and on Boat_real.
This is in the second one with lowercase real.
The gui location is in the Anchor tab of the main dashboard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds